Jyotiraditya M Scindia, Minister of Civil Aviation and Steel along with Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and Gen. V.K Singh (Rtd.) MoS Ministry of Civil Aviation and Road Transport and Highways inaugurated a new Civil Enclave with an enhanced passenger capacity at the Kanpur Airport.
Key features of the New Terminal Building include:
- The New Terminal Building is built in an area of 6243 sqm (16 times bigger than the existing terminal) at a project cost of Rs. 150.00 Crore.
- Equipped to handle 400 passengers during peak hours, as compared to 50 passengers earlier.
- 08 check-in counters, ensuring efficient and expedited check-in processes for passengers.
- 03 conveyor belts, with one located in the Departure Hall and two in the Arrival Hall, facilitating smooth baggage handling and collection.
- A spacious concessionaire area covering 850 square meters, offering a diverse range of retail and dining options for travelers.
- Tactile path provisions have been made, ensuring accessibility and ease of navigation for passengers with visual impairments.
- On the city side of the terminal, there are 150 car parking spaces and 02 bus parking spaces, ensuring ample parking facilities for commuters.
- The newly developed apron is suitable for parking three A-321/ B-737 types of aircraft along with a new link Taxi Track of 713m X 23m.