In line with the Government’s commitment to ushering in ‘development through connectivity,’ Kanpur – the commercial capital of Uttar Pradesh is all set to get a new Civil Enclave. The new Civil Enclave at Kanpur Airport will be inaugurated on May 26 by Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh, and Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Steel.
Key features of the New Terminal Building include:
- The New Terminal Building is built in an area of 6243 sqm (16 times bigger than the existing terminal) at a project cost of Rs. 150 Crore.
- Equipped to handle 400 passengers during peak hours, as compared to 50 passengers earlier.
- 08 check-in counters, ensuring efficient and expedited check-in processes for passengers.
- 03 conveyor belts, with one located in the Departure Hall and two in the Arrival Hall, facilitating smooth baggage handling and collection.
- A spacious concessionaire area covering 850 square meters, offering a diverse range of retail and dining options for travelers.
- Tactile path provisions have been made, ensuring accessibility and ease of navigation for passengers with visual impairments.
- On the city side of the terminal, there are 150 car parking spaces and 02 bus parking spaces, ensuring ample parking facilities for commuters.
- Newly developed apron is suitable for parking three A-321/ B-737 types of aircraft along with a new link Taxi Track of 713m X 23m.